Announcing the latest 2016 ASTUSBOATS model
12 January 2016
The Astus concept responds to a real demand throughout the boating world. Since the launch of the Astus 24, two years ago, the company is continuing to expand their trimaran range, surfing the wave of popularity of sport multihulls.
Astus have therefore decided to present a recreational, accessible multihull for the 2016 season, within their first partnership with the naval architects at VPLP: The Astus 16.5
This new model will be exhibited at the 2016 Düsseldorf Boat Show.
With the Astus 16.5, Astusboats enters a new era. Working with the architectural firm, VPLP (which specializes in multihulls) promises to produce a high-performance, efficient boat.
True to the Astus, concept, the 16.5 offers:
• Standardization of the product to ensure continuity throughout the life of the model and the boat. The concept is preserved in its entirety: easy handling, portability, performance.
• Telescopic floats which make transport possible without any dismantling. Once the floats are retracted, Astus 16.5 meets the all road gauge requirements.
• Applying the thoroughly tried and tested Astus concept, this new improved model has a more modern shape and a sportier line, with harmonious curves and narrow water entry.
• Simplified and standard maintenance of the polyester in either contact or infusion structures.
• A sabre board allowing ease of use.
• Limited weight for dinghy-style use.
• An outboard motor can be mounted for coastal trips.
• Large storage locker.
• Club or sports version from 14 900€.
Un retracted width: 3.8m
Retracted width: 2.5m
Weight: 210kg in contact, 180kg in infusion
Club version: Main : 11m² / Fore : 5m² / Sheet: 15m²
Sport version: Main : 13m² / Foc: 6m² / Sheet: 19m²
C with 3 persons,
D with 5 persons.
Engine max 2.5 HP
The Astus 16.5 is available in two versions, based upon one's choice of sailing:
1) A club version for gentle sailing for families or sailing schools.
2) A sports version to satisfy racers (made of resin infusion)