Arcadia Yachts new entry level model Sherpa
Long-range entry level model with more space than to be expected, Details at next Cannes Yachting Festival 2015, New units 2015 of Arcadia 85 and 115 on display at Jetee 159.
22 July 2015
Arcadia Yachts - the innovative and unique "eco-friendly" Italian shipyard - has the pleasure to release the first information regarding their new entry model SHERPA.
During the upcoming Cannes Yachting Festival 2015 the yard will unveil full details regarding the new yacht that will be officially launched on the market during the 2016 edition of Boot Dusseldorf (January 2016).
The production of the entry level SHERPA is part of the recent extension of Arcadia Yachts' GRP range.
Together with the Arcadia 100 (presently under construction), the yard's GRP family line is as follows: SHERPA - ARCADIA 85 - ARCADIA 100 - ARCADIA 115. All models are built using dedicated molds, one for each model. In addition, the yard will unveil details about production plans for full-displacement steel/aluminum yachts from 135' up to 150'.
ARCADIA SHERPA - KEY FACTS
- 16.80m LOA with an exceptional 5.50m beam
- Unexpected storage spaces - SHERPA's tender garage guarantees an unusual volume for this size yacht -140 square feet and 247 cubic feet
- High efficiency NPL hull improved by new technical solutions adopted as the result of studies conducted in partnership between Arcadia's technical department and Volvo Penta
- Two different superstructures options: Open deck and Salon deck, for day cruising or long distance cruising respectively
- Extremely flexible layout: one, two and three cabin versions
- A 41 square meter (441 square feet) cockpit - the same as the Arcadia 85
- Convertible Sport flying-bridge "easy-to-close" upper deck area with automatic up/down window system
- At full displacement a speed of 12 knots, with a consumption of apx. 43 liters/hour
- 3.5KW of solar panel energy
- Waste water treatment
- Eco antifouling
SHERPA is a "forward thinking design yacht". A 16.8m yacht with an exceptional 5.50m beam. A compact size with all the key features of larger yachts in the same range: exterior/interior spaces, a high-performance and efficient hull, well lit and modern interiors. SHERPA can be favorably compared with much larger yachts (65 ft) by its LWL (15.53m) and beam (5.52m) as no extra lengths are considered (bathing platforms and bow rake. The efficient length to beam ratio of the specific NPL hull also contributes to an upgraded yacht size for SHERPA. The incredible volume of the yacht is certainly a winning factor for potential clients of this size and range.
AN INNOVATIVE CONVERTIBLE SPORT FLYING BRIDGE
Arcadia SHERPA features a new concept in Sport flying-bridges: the "Easy-to-close" flying-bridge that converts into a closed deck, completely protected by side windows that can be raised and lowered electrically, just as in automobiles.
The whole upper-deck area, since it is air-conditioned, becomes much more flexible and functional in any weather condition: in very hot climes or in bad weather when closed, or left open to the air as per any traditional flying-bridge.
SHERPA offers two different superstructure options: Open deck and Salon deck, for day cruising or long distance cruising respectively. SHERPA has very flexible layout options, with one, two or three cabin versions.
Besides the flexible layouts, SHERPA offers an unexpected storage space of 140 square meters (247 cubic feet) below the main deck. A flush main-deck allows all storage to take place belowdecks, leaving the entire area free for other uses. This storage space has direct and easy access, with a useful internal height of 125cm. Its storage lockers may easily be prepared for the most diverse uses: the usual mooring lines and fenders, water toys, fishing and diving equipment, water sport gear (kite-surf, windsurf, kayak), or for optional placement of the Seakeeper stabilizer in the central section. This is why the yacht is named after the legendary Himalayan guides capable of carrying extraordinary loads: SHERPA.
NPL HULL AND PERFORMANCE
SHERPA can be used both for day cruising or for very long-range cruising (ocean fishing and sightseeing). Thanks to her high performance semi-displacement NPL hull - which offers significant savings in fuel consumption - and together with the additional fuel tank compartment, extended cruising capabilities are guaranteed. The NPL hull type is a specific hull named after the National Physical Laboratory of England, where tests were conducted to determine the best ratio of length to beam in terms of hydrodynamic efficiency. This advanced hull, together with lightweight superstructures, allow very satisfying performance with low-power engines.
ADDITIONAL ENERGY FROM SOLAR PANELS
Solar cells of latest generation are integrated between the external and internal surfaces of double- glazed panels fitted on top of the largest part of the superstructure.
This advanced and ecological system supplies enough power (3.5KW) to run equipment and electrical systems: refrigerators, water circulation, toilettes, lights, A/V, electronics, recharging batteries. Each double glazed panel contains a special gas named Krypton, which guarantees a high insulation coefficient, up to 18° of thermal cooling between interior and exterior temperatures, the equivalent of a 20cm brick wall.
ABOUT ARCADIA YACHTS
ECOTHINK - A "green" approach reflects in everything we do, in our everyday life, at work and when making big decisions. This is a lifestyle that Arcadia Yachts has managed to bring into the nautical sector through an idea that has combined together functional design and "ethical sense", appreciation and respect for the environment. An "ecological idea" which translates into eco-friendly solutions, that reduces consumption and environmental impact. To enjoy the sea in a more free and responsible way. Because the future of yachting is a little greener every day.
ECOTECH - The most advanced technological research and the best Italian creativity to generate innovative and efficient solutions which define a new "sustainable" frontier in yachting:
• FUNCTIONAL DESIGN with a distinct personal touch, to better integrate shapes and components and reach the highest eco-friendly performance;
• Double glazing PANELS integrated within the superstructure. This feature ensures maximum comfort whilst recharging the batteries and powering all utilities and services on-board. This is the only way to reduce the use of generators;
• HYDRODYNAMIC EFFICIENCY of the semi-displacement hull which requires limited engine power, guaranteeing low consumption, emissions and maintenance costs;
• SOPHISTICATED SYSTEMS which provide waste water treatment to avoid pollution;
• Optional HYBRID PROPULSION to sail up to 8 knots with "zero emissions" in absolute silence;
• ARCADIA ASSEMBLING SYSTEM which minimises the waste materials during the building stage, the use of paints, and helps reduce construction times.
THE SHIPYARD - Shipyard is located in the heart of the Mediterranean: a 36.000m2 facility where craftsmanship, modern technologies, attention to detail and the surrounding environment are perfectly blended together.
THE FLEET - A series of fibreglass yachts ranging from 85 to 115 feet, with new plans to increase the size from 145 feet up to 180 in steel/aluminum.