The SM-3DB Series comprises 3 models
- The SM-3DB8 with 8 times magnification
- The SM-3DB11 with 11 times magnification
- The SM-3DB VARIO with variable magnification 0.6 to 8 times
- Bright sunlight will not cause damage
- No damage from bright lights at night
- No blooming or night-light effects
- Tireless viewing with both eyes
- IR Illuminator for use in total darkness
- Large, 2.5” Hi res TFT-LCD Monitor
- Record using Standard Composite Video
- Battery charging via mains or car adaptors
Unlike many night vision devices which can only be used at
night, the SM-3DB digital binocular can be used day or night
without damage to the camera. The SM-3DB is perfect for longrange
detection, navigation assistance & surveillance at sea or
on land. It comes complete with an IR illuminator for use in
total darkness & has a standard composite video output for on
screen viewing or recording to DVR.
The binocular wses a silicon high sensitive state of the art CCD (Charge
Coupled Device) camera with an electronic accumulation & signal
multiplication system & built-in high resolution TFT-LCD monitor.
Using a four-stage automatic control & an anti-blooming system, the SM-3DB operates successfully in a wide range of lighting conditions from
0.0005 lux (starlight) to 30,000 lux (sunny day,) without having to adjust
contrast or brightness.
The SM-3DB has similar performance to night vision devices of the 2+generation, however it is more reliable & more cost-effective when
compared to 2+ or Gen 3 night vision devices.
IR-530-3 (800) Illuminator
Supplied as standard, & designed for use at night at ranges up to
400m, the IR-530-3 (800) is a powerful illuminator which comprises
an IR emitting LED with 800nm wavelength. Invisible to the naked
eye, the illuminator has output power adjustment & radiation
divergence control & is used to “light up” the surrounding area of the
target. The module is removable from the Binocular & is powered by a
separate 3v battery. (See options for longer range devices available).